Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Embed Tclet in Your HTML

Since started this blog, I found out that I need to study a minimum amount of HTML to display my writing correctly. Besides, I can have more control writing in "HTML mode" compared with "Compose mode". For an example, you can't just type the symbol "<" in your blog message, instead, you need to type "&lt;" to display "<" in your blog. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to show off my HTML skills. In fact, I only have very basic and minimum knowledge about HTML.

Anyway, if I am not wrong (considering myself not a webmaster), it seems like HTML alone doesn't have the ability to let you do real-time programming stuff on your web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. However, it can be done using a plugin.

There are many different types of plugins out there, but I choose to use Tcl applet or Tclet since I did some study on this language before. (If you've never heard of the Tcl/Tk language before, you can visit here.) I don't know how to embed a Tclet properly in blogspot. However, I manage to do it on another free site. This Tclet in this free site is to display all the gray code counter results in sequence after you have entered the number of bits your gray code counter is. I don't know how useful it is to you, but it is useful to me because I always forget how the gray code counter increments. Bear in mind that if you are a first-time user or viewer, you need to download and install the Tcl Web Browser Plugin for free. And, of course, it is SAFE to be installed in your PC. If you haven't installed it yet, you will see a blank square instead of the picture on the left side here.

It will be a bit long for me to describe how to embed Tclet in your HTML code here. The best source is the reference book that I show in here. Of course, you can look at the HTML code in the example above. Plenty of funky Tclet examples can also be easily found on web if you are interested to see others. Hope you like it.

No comments: